There are a few additional elements that employers need to be aware of for their Salary Sacrifice car schemes:
- The salary sacrifice cars on this scheme are only available to employees where the gross salary after amounts sacrificed is above the national minimum wage on a pro-rata basis for hours worked/contracted.
- For employees on maternity/paternity leave the benefit will continue to be provided without the employer potentially getting their expected income stream.
- The employee's consent is required to change their terms of employment.
Find out more about Salary Sacrifice
- All fuel
- Returning the vehicle in good condition
- A vehicle provided under the salary sacrifice cars scheme is classed as a ‘company car' in the eyes of HRMC and is therefore subject to a BIK charge.