Take a look at our guide for a quick rundown of what to expect when handing your vehicle back to us and our assessment of fair wear and tear. Our guides below also show examples, measurements and terms to be aware of.
As a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), we follow the guidelines given in the BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear Guide. These are explained and outlined in the PDF downloads below.
You should return the vehicle clean inside and out, without any rubbish or personal belongings. All original documentation and equipment should be inside, with the service book stamped. Don’t forget to bring your complete set of keys, including spare keys. Make sure there isn’t any rust or corrosion on the vehicle. We do allow minor imperfections (relative to age, usage and mileage), as long as they fit the criteria shown in the PDF downloads mentioned below.
Don’t forget to:
- Get your vehicle checked 10 – 12 weeks prior to returning it to us.
- Remove all personal belongings from the vehicle.
- Detach your house keys from the vehicle key fob and locate any spare keys.
- Ensure that all tools and the spare wheel/space saver are present.
- Check you have wiped all personal data from the Satnav and any SD card.
- Check that the vehicle will start and is roadworthy.
- Check there is at least a quarter of a tank of fuel present.
- Check you have a full-service history and valid MOT certificate for your vehicle.
- Check that the vehicle is clean inside and out
Avoid being charged:
We have created a handy checklist of areas worth checking over to avoid being charged. There are more but these are the ones that can often catch our customers out.
For a full checklist and breakdown of possible charges please contact us.