Electric vehicles are now available to hire through Rental Plus, our unique flexible mid to long term rental service.
You can choose your preferred mileage from one of our four options and select your preferred electric vehicle. We have your convenience in mind with Bluetooth and Satellite Navigation guaranteed and with zero emissions, great performance, outstanding fuel economy and exceptional environmental awareness why wouldn't you choose electric?
If you are looking to hire a low emission vehicle for your business or wish to discuss your options with one of our team please get in touch.
The benefits of electric vehicles
There are several benefits to hiring an electric vehicle for the duration of your rental. We’ve listed a few of the main reasons you can look forward to when hiring these vehicles:
- Highly fuel-efficient and generally cheaper to run than their fully petrol and diesel equivalents with smooth and quiet performance.
- Exempt from Clean Air Zones (CAZ), Low Emissions Zones (LEZ) and London's Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
- Electric vehicles have zero tailpipe emissions making them greener, cleaner and better for the environment than their petrol or diesel car counterparts.
- Access the latest in-vehicle technology and the the latest in battery technology.
- Improve your businesses reputation and meet corporate responsibility goals by choosing low emission vehicles.
Things to consider when hiring electric vehicles
To determine the right hire choices are for your business it is best to seek advice, but it could be useful to consider the following:
- What type of journeys will your vehicle need to be used for? Short hops around towns and cities where charge points are plenty or longer journeys?
- Are you looking to hire a specific electric vehicle? Not all models are currently available but we can help you choose an alternative that is suitable.
- Are there going to be charging facilities at your drivers’ destinations or along their routes?
- Is there enough time in driver schedules to factor in the time it takes to recharge when necessary?
- Do your drivers have charge points or access to public ones locally?
Common questions about our electric hire vehicles:
Electric vehicles are very quiet with instant response. Also as many EVs have their batteries in the floor, they have a low centre of gravity boasting good handling and smoother driving.
We are still expanding our range of electric vehicles available on Rental plus. However we currently we have the BMW i3 (small electric hatchback) and the Audi e-Tron (electric 5 door SUV) available to hire.