Choose hire vehicles that are at the cutting edge of environmental technology with our hybrid vehicle hire options.Pendragon can help ensure that businesses have the choice of hire vehicles boasting low CO2 emissions. A hybrid vehicle is the intelligent combination of an electric motor and a petrol or diesel engine, usually resulting in great performance, outstanding fuel economy and exceptional environmental awareness.
If you are looking to hire a low emission vehicle for your business please contact our team.
The benefits of hybrid vehicles
There are several benefits to hiring a hybrid vehicle for the duration of your rental. We’ve listed a few of the main reasons you can look forward to when hiring these vehicles:
- Highly fuel-efficient and generally cheaper to run than their fully petrol and diesel equivalents.
- Offering smooth and quiet performance.
- Electric motors deliver maximum torque instantly allowing hybrid vehicles to match the performance of conventional petrol or diesel vehicles.
- No need for engine idling as Hybrid vehicles automatically switch off the engine when you are sitting in traffic or at a red light. Using power from the battery to keep things like the radio and air conditioning on.
- Discounts and exceptions are available for congestion charges in clean Air Zones (CAZ).
- Most hybrids are at the forefront of innovative technology and boast modern interior features.
- Improve your businesses reputation and meet corporate responsibility goals by choosing low emission vehicles.
Common questions about hybrid vehicles:
When charging a hybrid vehicle each recharge costs roughly £2.50-£3, and may cost more at peak times and depending on the electricity provider.
Many public charge points are free to use but there are some that require a small payment for a flat connection fee or a cost per charging time.
Yes, all hybrid hire vehicles will be provided with a charge cable to use for the duration of the hire contract.
Things to consider when hiring hybrid
To determine the right hire choices are for your business it is best to seek advice, but it could be useful to consider the following:
- What type of journeys will your vehicle need to be used for? Short hops around towns and cities where charge points are plenty or longer journeys?
- Are you looking to hire a specific hybrid vehicle? Not all models are currently available but we can help choose an alternative that is suitable.
- Are there going to be charging facilities at your drivers’ destinations or along their routes?
- Is there enough time in driver schedules to factor in the time it takes to recharge?
- Do your drivers have charge points or access to public ones locally?
For more information on hybrid vehicles take a look at our Hybrid and Electric Hub*.Find out more about Electric vehicle hire
Contact us for advice
If you are looking to hire a low emission vehicle for your business please email email@example.com or call 01332 267339 to contact our team who will answer any questions you may have.