Driving abroad

What should I do if I want to take my car abroad?

If your vehicle is on a maintained contract with us, you can call our simple freephone number. When you call, select option 2 and then option 3 to get a VE103 form to allow you to take your vehicle abroad.  While forms are posted out first-class delivery, we advise that you arrange for your forms at least 3 weeks before you travel to ensure they arrive in time.

Driver helpline: 0800 581 639

Gear stick with family passports.

Be prepared

Some countries have different driving requirements, with some making it compulsory to carry certain items in your vehicle. Make sure you know exactly what to expect and what you need to take with you by having a look at our handy guide.

Download PDF

Small figure on the map of the earth.


The UK and EU have agreed an extension to Article 50 until 31 October 2019 at the latest, with the option to leave earlier if a deal can be agreed.

A No Deal is therefore highly unlikely to happen before November, meaning there will probably not be any changes affecting European travel this summer i.e. you will not need to carry an IDP or insurance green card to drive in an EU country.

There is some more information on this here: Driving abroad after Brexit: 5 things to know 

Further information

If you have any questions please contact us on 0800 581 639 You can find more information and advice here: