A shortage of semiconductors could potentially disrupt global car and van manufacture, causing delays and increasing lead times for new vehicles. Have you got plans in place to mitigate the affect this may have on your fleet?
You will have no doubt seen or heard across the media the news that there is to be a global semiconductor shortage. This shortage has been caused by a surge in demand during the pandemic and a recent fire at a key supplier factory in Japan.
Some of the latest updates from The Association of Fleet Professionals (AFP) cite that the global shortage of semiconductors could see fleets and vehicle orders affected as some manufacturers have announced temporary factory closures. Manufacturers that have already confirmed potential factory closures or delivery delays include Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Stellantis, BMW and Volkswagen.
Is this shortage likely to affect your business and have you got plans in place to cover any delayed vehicle deliveries?
Have you considered Rental Vehicles?
Business vehicle rental is an easy and convenient way to ensure that you avoid vehicle downtime or vehicle order delays affecting the running of your fleet and other company vehicles.
If you are waiting on new vehicle orders to be confirmed or have already found that your plans have been disrupted, rental vehicles can help temporarily close the gap and flexible packages can be customised to get your business through this uncertain period.
Reasons to consider rental
- Access to a huge pool of vehicles across the UK with types of vehicle to suit every need.
- The ability to hire for as long as you need from just 1 day up to 6 months+ helping you reduce downtime and plug any gaps in your fleet.
- Convenient and hassle free with vehicles delivered to the address of your choice.
- Easy to use, comprehensive online booking systems make managing your bookings easy.
- Highly competitive fixed rates with customisable and all-inclusive rental packages available to suit your particular needs.
- One-way hires are often available with free unlimited mileage on short term rentals, helping to keep your fleet on the road.
Business Vehicle Rental from Pendragon
With our corporate rental solution, you can rent a car, van or specialist vehicle from just 1 day, either over the phone or online. Our UK-wide pool of vehicles means we can get a Daily Rental vehicle to you in just 4 working hours* of placing your booking.
*subject to availability
Whatever your rental needs, our dedicated rental team are always on hand to offer their specialist advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 267339 to get a free consultation. Please note this service is for business users only.
Get in touch
If you are already a PVM customer, your account manager will confirm with you and advise if this shortage is like to affect any of your current vehicle orders. They will also be able to discuss alternative options and short-term solutions such as the use of Rental vehicles to plug any gaps.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the different rental options with our team, please get in touch by calling 01332 267339 or emailing email@example.com